Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Out

Just got off phone with Mar and she asked me to let you know that she will be putting your socks in the mail shortly. They, however, will be minus my socks. I seem to be cursed, doomed, an accident waiting to happen...whatever, but my life is not going too smooth right now. I was in my studio early this am all ready and raring to go. I just need to add cuffs to my large socks. First I needed to cut a few strips for a friend. Well, I had the music going and I was in full swing mode, and somehow I decided to slice and dice instead. My neighbors, who thankfully were outside, heard my screaming and came to my rescue. I didn't get any regular stitches, just butterflies, because part of the cut is too far into the nail bed, I cut right through my nail and although the cut is only about 5/8" the direction it takes is away from the hand at about a 30 degree angle, so they used another butterfly on and around the nail to pull it down and and hold it tight to the finger.
I really didnt think much while I was waiting to be seen, other than that I was loosing time, but on my return home I discovered that several of my socks had blood on them. I had blood everywhere. Of course being that I was gone for almost 3 hours it had dried, so I couldn't even test out the spit theory and even see if I had enough spit.
Right now I am just soooo...frustrated and angry. Yes angry, angry at myself for leaving my work laying around.
Rather than make anyone wait any longer, you've all been soooooo patient, I am withdrawing and will try to salvage what I can to make a small matching sock quilt for my grandchildren.
Please accept my sincere apology for being part of the delay and then now to have this happen, ugh!
I hope that those of you who can, willl post pics, and those that can't--maybe you can send a pic to Marlene to post for you. I'm looing forward to seeing your finished quilts.
Again, please accept my apology for withdrawing, I am soooooooooo sorry.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Thanks for letting us know Cheryl. I'll get busy and and make a few more socks for my quilt. I still haven't put away the fabric that I used, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with some more.

Kathy said...

Oh Cheryl! How awful.....so relieved that the neighbors were home to help you...take care.