Thursday, November 13, 2008

Got it together!


I went on a retreat last weekend, and took along my socks. I was so excited to assemble it, I barely paid attention to who did what (but thank you, Mar, for the identification). There sure are some cute socks in there!!


There were some mix-ups between the design floor (groan) and the sewing table, but finished is better than perfect. After I found the sock that had been hiding, I put it sideways. Then I thought, "Lost socks would be all a-tumble. How about putting all the small ones any which way?" A co-retreater pointed out that the units (one large & two small) socks are square, and could ALL be turned about!


So, is anybody going to be a rebel and toss their socks?
I was surprised at how LARGE the quilt turned out to be (I know I could have looked in the book), but I guess that explains why it took all summer to make the blocks.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Good job Rebecca. It looks great.

Jen said...

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I followed your link here, and WHAT A CUTE QUILT you all have made! I had not seen the "lost socks" quilt before, it's cute as can be. Good work! Jen

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Rebecca that looks fanastic.