Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a Top!


My guild had a fall day camp today and this is one of the things I accomplished:

7 comments:

Mar said...

Ruthie!!! It looks wonderful! Did go together ok? I love it! Congratulations! (I knew it would be you!!)

jayne said...

After several combination tries, I finally got in! There you go Ruthie, a top done, and it is beautiful, way to go! Share some of your energy with all of us! LOL
I loved all of my blocks from all of you, many thanks.

Ruthie said...

Thanks so much. I will share another photo when it's quilted, in some natural light instead of the yellow light at the church.

Rebecca said...

It's a good season to be working on socks. ;)

I see two of my big socks (don't know why I put a different color cuff on them, but it makes them easier to pick out) and a couple small ones. Yay! It's nice to see them together with their mates.

Deb Silva said...

Oh my Ruthie, that way fast! It looks fantastic.

Kathy said...

Ruthie that looks fabulous!!

Susan Freebery said...

Hi Ruthie! First, let me say how much I LOVE the Lost Socks Swap quilt! This is the first time I have seen this and it’s fabulous! Second, you posted on my blog that you wanted to know more about the Paint Chip Challenge - it is such a wonderful project for a guild. Basically, here are the rules to the "2009 Presidents Paint Chip Challenge."

Each member who accepts the challenge is given a closed envelope with three paint chips in it - you don't get to choose the colors. The paint chips are assembled by committee. Not seeing the colors before you choose your envelope allows us to step outside our comfort zones in the choice of fabric colors. Also inside the envelope is a sheet of rules that state that the perimeter of the quilt can not exceed 100 inches and must be no smaller than 60 inches. You quilt can be anything you want it to be, so long at 70% of the fabric matches the paint chips. Your quilt must be completely finished when you bring it in for the "Big Reveal" and have a label on it.

That's about it.... hope that answered your questions. Oh, and by the way, when you post comments on people’s blogs, we can't reply via email because you have your comments set to "No-reply."