Sunday, February 24, 2008

Double Applique?

How is everyone doing the heel, toe and top cuff of the socks?

I have started to hand applique a small sock, but don't know if I should go ahead and do the whole sock and then add the heel and toe to it.

3 comments:

Mar said...

Ruthie, I cut the heel and toe out of the sock, leaving about a quarter inch.

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, I'm doing the same as Mar...cutting out the toe and heel. That way if I (or anyone else for that matter) decide to handquilt...and should I decide to accent quilt a quarter inch inside of the socks, I've reduced the bulk. BTW, I'm loving your sock.
My fabric is all washed...I need to get some energy to iron and then I'll be on a roll.
I had soooooo much fun picking out fabrics and can't wait to start sewing.

jayne said...

I am also cutting off toes and heels. I sew them on first going in 1/4" to allow turn under when stitching the sock down. I find it goes faster this way.