I washed fabric yesterday also, will take a picture after I take the dog to the vet. This is a great idea, Mar. Made my templates also. I was wondering about the toes and heels, thanks for a run down of what to do.
I'm excited about this project. Someone in my quilt group figured 10 a month should get it done in time and that would give us time to spare. LOL Jayne
Like Debbie and Ruthie I need to find background fabrics. I have some fabrics pulled for the socks and really like my choices. Can't wait to start on this project.
I haven't taken the picture yet because I need batteries. I did start a large sock, but tore one side out as it was buckling a little. It is a tight fit on the background. I'll try to finish it tonight and will post a pic with the backgrounds, sometime soon! LOL
I have three done and am enjoying it. I have many homespuns but a friend is bringing me more to the applique group on Thursday night. LOL I didn't want to tell her again that I had plenty. It will give me more indecision as to what to choose.
100% Cotton Prewashed fabric brushed cotton acceptable, please no heavy flannel. Backgrounds are to be cream/beige of a primitive look... No white on white or white on cream, avoid "painted" fabrics... Socks to be homespun, country, primitive types (plaids, stripes, checks and graphics) NO NOVELTIES - NO BRIGHTS. Blocks maybe hand or machine appliques. If using fusables, please window pane the fusable. All methods should remove sock fabric behind toes and cuffs. Do not trim blocks One "set" of blocks = 2 small blocks and 1 large sock block. All blocks should be in the same direction as the book. Please use your book for reference. Do not sign your blocks! Debbie S. has offered to help me make a label that will include all swappers signatures. Please include a note with your signature and city/state or what ever you would like on the label. DUE DATE: August 25th with a pre paid postage envelope.
8 comments:
Mar - I am ready to rumble with the Lost Socks.
These are great Mar. I need to find my background fabrics, then I'm ready to start. I can feel a sew day coming on very soon!
I washed fabric yesterday also, will take a picture after I take the dog to the vet. This is a great idea, Mar. Made my templates also. I was wondering about the toes and heels, thanks for a run down of what to do.
I'm excited about this project. Someone in my quilt group figured 10 a month should get it done in time and that would give us time to spare. LOL
Jayne
Oh Gosh Jayne, 10 a month? that seems like a lot! Kinda scarey! but I'm thinking those little ones will go quickly.
I need to get started on this project. I have some fabrics pulled, but like Debbie, I need to find backgrounds.
Like Debbie and Ruthie I need to find background fabrics. I have some fabrics pulled for the socks and really like my choices. Can't wait to start on this project.
I haven't taken the picture yet because I need batteries. I did start a large sock, but tore one side out as it was buckling a little. It is a tight fit on the background. I'll try to finish it tonight and will post a pic with the backgrounds, sometime soon! LOL
I have three done and am enjoying it. I have many homespuns but a friend is bringing me more to the applique group on Thursday night. LOL I didn't want to tell her again that I had plenty. It will give me more indecision as to what to choose.
Post a Comment